Fiddle Knits Designs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fiddle Knits Designs

Welcome to the forums! Chat with other knitters and crocheters about Fiddle Knits Designs patterns. Ask questions, get help on patterns, and enable fellow crafters to buy more yarn., o)

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Are we excited yet?!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Fiddle Knits
Admin
Fiddle Knits

Are we excited yet?! Empty
PostSubject: Are we excited yet?!   Are we excited yet?! EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 5:14 am

Next week at this time everyone will have their first clue! Are you ready yet? Wink Remember, signups will close on Friday, April 22 (the day the first clue goes out), so if you know anyone that is interested in participating and hasn't signed up yet make sure they do so before that date.

I'm looking forward to the clues going out and I've already knit the shawl! Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.FiddleKnits.com
cottontail

cottontail

PostSubject: I'm excited!   Are we excited yet?! EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 4:56 am

I'm excited and looking forward to the first clue. I've never knit a worsted weight shawl. I usually use lace weight or light fingering so this will be a change for me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.knocturnalknitter.blogspot.com
TaSu

TaSu

PostSubject: Re: Are we excited yet?!   Are we excited yet?! EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 5:48 am

cottontail wrote:
I'm excited and looking forward to the first clue. I've never knit a worsted weight shawl. I usually use lace weight or light fingering so this will be a change for me.

Me too. I've only (Does this verb go "knit" in past tense? I thought it was "knitted") knit (!) fingering weight shawls. I like to sit outside in the evenings on our terrace, so shawls are a good option for keeping warm in the cool summer nights. I drink tea, knit and watch our dogs play late at night:)
Back to top Go down
cottontail

cottontail

PostSubject: Re: Are we excited yet?!   Are we excited yet?! EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 2:20 pm

(Does this verb go "knit" in past tense? I thought it was "knitted")

I have no idea if it is correct english or not. I use it that way all the time though. But then I also say the candle was 'lit' not lighted as I hear it in books. My own little quirk, I guess.

I love your dog's smile. I have a smiler too.
gail
Back to top Go down
Fiddle Knits
Admin
Fiddle Knits

PostSubject: Re: Are we excited yet?!   Are we excited yet?! EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 6:14 pm

Quote :
Does this verb go "knit" in past tense? I thought it was "knitted"

Yeah, I have no clue what's proper in this case. I think I interchange knit and knitted when I talk about past projects. It depends. I've never really paid much attention to why or how I use the word. I think if you say it either way people will get your point. alien
Back to top Go down
TaSu

TaSu

PostSubject: Re: Are we excited yet?!   Are we excited yet?! EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 12:04 pm

Well, so far people have understood me quite well. It's just that when you learn some word wrong, it's really difficult to get rid of the wrong version.

And yes, the smiling doggy Trupu Smile You know how some dogs smile revealing all their teeth when they are very excited? Some breeds have that kind of a habit. Trupu does that sometimes, when he is extremely happy. It looks so terrifying! If I didn't know my dog and if I couldn't read the rest of his body language, I'd thought he's about to use his teeth on me. Our new neighbours have a four-year-old daughter and when they came to our yard to intorduce themselves, Trupu got so excited about the new people! He loves attention. So, he wagged his tail like a maniac and gave the kid his prettiest smile revealing all his shiny teeth and kid got so terrified!

She is still afraid of Trupu and usually starts to cry when she sees him. That's sad, because fear of dogs is something that could last a lifetime. Though her mother isn't worried. She's convinced that the kid will later understand why Trupu behaved like that. Meanwhile, it's better to give the little girl time to gather some courage, so maybe she can later get to know a bit better our little friend with the sharp smile.
Back to top Go down
cottontail

cottontail

PostSubject: smiley dog   Are we excited yet?! EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 2:04 pm

Do you mean when they roll their lips back just to show their teeth with mouth closed? My Gryphon does that too and it caused a dog trainer to choke him so harshly it gave him trachea damage. She thought it was an aggressive look too. You'd think a trainer would know better. Needless to say, we left and found a clicker trainer instead. Took him a while to trust smiling again but he does. The open mouth grin is what he does most like your pup. It's so obvious they are happy.
Back to top Go down
TaSu

TaSu

PostSubject: Re: Are we excited yet?!   Are we excited yet?! EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 11:41 pm

I'm so sorry for your dog and I agree: a trainer should know better!
Back to top Go down
valoudesbois

PostSubject: Re: Are we excited yet?!   Are we excited yet?! EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 10:35 am

I'm excited !!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
TaSu

TaSu

PostSubject: Re: Are we excited yet?!   Are we excited yet?! EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 12:17 pm

Tomorrow! Yay!
Back to top Go down
TaSu

TaSu

PostSubject: Re: Are we excited yet?!   Are we excited yet?! EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 6:44 am

You're awake, yay! I can see you over there! Gimme the clue, gimmegimmegimme! lol!
Back to top Go down
Fiddle Knits
Admin
Fiddle Knits

PostSubject: Re: Are we excited yet?!   Are we excited yet?! EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 6:46 am

Razz I *just* pressed send on the first clue email. You'll have it momentarily Wink
Back to top Go down
TaSu

TaSu

PostSubject: Re: Are we excited yet?!   Are we excited yet?! EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 6:50 am

Fiddle Knits wrote:
Razz I *just* pressed send on the first clue email. You'll have it momentarily Wink

Thank you!I'll cook the dinner first and then I'll pick up my needles immediately! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fiddle Knits
Admin
Fiddle Knits

PostSubject: Re: Are we excited yet?!   Are we excited yet?! EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 6:52 am

Quote :
I'll cook the dinner first

Very responsible of you! I'm not always that good lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
valoudesbois

PostSubject: Re: Are we excited yet?!   Are we excited yet?! EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 11:18 am

thanks, I have received !!!!!!!!!!

I will make the gauge this evening
Back to top Go down
valoudesbois

PostSubject: Re: Are we excited yet?!   Are we excited yet?! EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 11:28 am

I haven't all the yarn, I will go now with what I have, and when you tell we can change, I will change
Back to top Go down
Fiddle Knits
Admin
Fiddle Knits

PostSubject: Re: Are we excited yet?!   Are we excited yet?! EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 11:31 am

Valoudesbois,
You mean you only have the first color yarn? You're working your shawl as a two color design like I did? If this is what you mean then you will use color 1 for the first and second clues. Use color 2 for the third clue. Make sense?
Back to top Go down
valoudesbois

PostSubject: Re: Are we excited yet?!   Are we excited yet?! EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 11:37 am

yes, that's what I mean.

I have to buy the second color ....... I don't know what I have done with my shopping for this kal, a mistake, but not a problem
Back to top Go down
Fiddle Knits
Admin
Fiddle Knits

PostSubject: Re: Are we excited yet?!   Are we excited yet?! EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 11:41 am

As long as it's not a problem. Good Smile
The clues will indicate when to change color for everyone using two colors. But for quick reference now:
Clue 1 = Color 1
Clue 2 = Color 1
Clue 3 = Color 2
Back to top Go down
valoudesbois

PostSubject: Re: Are we excited yet?!   Are we excited yet?! EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 11:42 am

Oh I'm happy, in the shop where I buy my yarn, it "stayed" one skein of my yarn.

so I will go with one color, I'm happy, it's torture to choose another ......
Back to top Go down
Fiddle Knits
Admin
Fiddle Knits

PostSubject: Re: Are we excited yet?!   Are we excited yet?! EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 4:48 pm

Yay! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TaSu

TaSu

PostSubject: Re: Are we excited yet?!   Are we excited yet?! EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 11:01 am

I got a great start to the shawl. I love knitting it, it feels like it's progressing fast despite having a gazillion stitches Smile And it's easy to keep track of the pattern. Can't wait to see what this shawl is like!
Back to top Go down
Fiddle Knits
Admin
Fiddle Knits

PostSubject: Re: Are we excited yet?!   Are we excited yet?! EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 11:06 am

Yeah.... sorry about all the stitches lol Wink
Back to top Go down
TaSu

TaSu

PostSubject: Re: Are we excited yet?!   Are we excited yet?! EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 12:16 pm

Well, a decent size of a shawl requires a lot of stitches. That's the way it goes Smile
Back to top Go down
cottontail

cottontail

PostSubject: Happy, happy!    Are we excited yet?! EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 3:54 pm

I'm happily knitting along on my border and loving it. I love anything green or anything with leaves and I'm finding this just so soothing watching the leaves emerge. I finally chose some baby merino yarn from ColourMart that I have several cones of in different shades of green. I have quite a collection of green yarn. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are we excited yet?!   Are we excited yet?! Empty

Back to top Go down

Are we excited yet?!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fiddle Knits Designs :: KALs and CALS :: Mystery Shawl KAL – Shades of Green-
Jump to: