Fiddle Knits Designs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fiddle Knits Designs

Welcome to the forums! Chat with other knitters and crocheters about Fiddle Knits Designs patterns. Ask questions, get help on patterns, and enable fellow crafters to buy more yarn., o)

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Slipper update

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GrannySquare

GrannySquare

Slipper update Empty
PostSubject: Slipper update   Slipper update EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 6:27 pm

Okay, so Erica had me test crochet a simple crocheted slipper. As I said in my first post under general chatter, my only real value as a test crocheter is "if mom can follow this pattern anyone can." I guess I passed the test! In only 3 days (a record for me since I tend to get totally distracted by running, cooking, baking, laundry, reading . . .) I finally finished Erica's newest crochet pattern, that—if it's okay to say—is called Keep It Simple Slippers. (About.com doesn't allow much creativity in pattern names, but that's okay because in this case it's aptly titled for my benefit.) Anyway, these slippers can be done in a lot less time than I took and they're really comfy. After I got dragged outside to model—yup, those are my feet she's using—I got to keep the slippers and I've been wearing them all day. I always made excuses as to why I couldn't knit or learn to knit or ever be a test knitter, but now that Erica is designing crochet patterns I probably ought to add test crocheter to my list of all the great things I did as a mom. (That's a plug for a really good Mother's Day present!) It's a lot less painful than, say, the time I had to learn to tap dance in 6 weeks so I could be in Erica's tap dance recital number (someone had dropped out & I fit the costume) when she was maybe 16 or so and I was 44. I had to wear a red mini dress with purple polka dots and do the longest tap dance number in recital history (I'm exaggerating, but it felt like it) to Jump Jive Wail. I survived, but compared to that being a test crocheter is a snap, kinda fun, and I actually finish something cute and useful. Bring on those patterns!!! Mom (Oops, I mean GrannySquare.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.homegrownstringband.com
Fiddle Knits
Admin
Fiddle Knits

Slipper update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipper update   Slipper update EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 5:10 am

The slippers are ready! Mom, you're feet look great lol Very Happy You can see here: Keep it Simple Slippers. Your photo location idea was better than mine....

Back to top Go down
http://www.FiddleKnits.com
TaSu

TaSu

Slipper update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipper update   Slipper update EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 9:28 am

Fiddle Knits wrote:
The slippers are ready! Mom, you're feet look great lol Very Happy You can see here: Keep it Simple Slippers. Your photo location idea was better than mine....

I need to start crocheting, seriously. I like slippers:) But there's no way I'm posting my legs anywhere. I've inherited my grandma's legs (love you, grandma, no hard feelings I love you ) and I have no ankles. Or at least that's what it looks like. As if my calves would begin right after my heels. Well, it's a good reason to wear shoes with high heels... Cool
Back to top Go down
GrannySquare

GrannySquare

Slipper update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipper update   Slipper update EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 10:03 pm

I can't say I have very good legs or feet anymore either. I was totally nervous to be a foot model! If I close my eyes, or don't look in the mirror, I can almost feel the same as I did in my 20s (thin!). But, hey, my grandma lived to be 95 and she walked everywhere! So I guess I wouldn't mind if I inherited her legs. But, hey, Erica, how about a crocheted slipper sock.
Back to top Go down
http://www.homegrownstringband.com
TaSu

TaSu

Slipper update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipper update   Slipper update EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 2:02 am

Walking is good. I hope I'll be able to walk when I'm 95. I walk a lot and use the bike. My mom is against driving, so we used to walk a lot when I was a kid... And then we used the public transportation, but no from door to door driving in our family. Nice to have parents with principles;) But it really worked for my benefit. I like walking, it's good for me and saves money.
Back to top Go down
Fiddle Knits
Admin
Fiddle Knits

Slipper update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipper update   Slipper update EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 5:52 am

Quote :
But, hey, Erica, how about a crocheted slipper sock.

Yeah... that would involve knowing how to crochet a sock first lol
Back to top Go down
TaSu

TaSu

Slipper update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipper update   Slipper update EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 5:55 am

Fiddle Knits wrote:
Quote :
But, hey, Erica, how about a crocheted slipper sock.

Yeah... that would involve knowing how to crochet a sock first lol

My personal motto in life is "How hard can it be?" lol! Many times I have jumped first and later noticed that practising would've been good. There is a fine line with self confidence and Napoleon syndrome Wink
Back to top Go down
Fiddle Knits
Admin
Fiddle Knits

Slipper update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipper update   Slipper update EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 6:32 am

Quote :
My personal motto in life is "How hard can it be?"

Haha I do this all the time. My mom gets to hear me brainstorm about new techniques and designs every day.... most brainstorms have the "how hard could it be?" line thrown in there somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Slipper update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipper update   Slipper update Empty

Back to top Go down

Slipper update
Page 1 of 1